Updated May 14, 2021
Our studio is open for appointments. We welcome you to book your headshots but we also understand if you’re not quite ready. Please take care. We’ll be here, excited to work with you, whenever you choose to make your appointment.
We can assure you that we are taking every level of precaution we can in offering our studio services to keep you comfortable and, most importantly, safe. Here’s what you can expect:
Andrew Collings is fully vaccinated. If there are any other team members present during your time at the studio, they will be fully vaccinated as well.
- Our downtown studio is a very spacious open space, allowing for studio employees and clients (whether alone or with a colleague) to maintain a safe distance from one another during shoots.
- We’ve increased air flow and air filtration in the studio. Our building has also increased the amount of outside air coming in and air filtration.
- Your photographer will be wearing a mask during your appointment and we require you to wear one for the entire time you are in the studio, except for the time you are actively being photographed. If there is another staff member present, they will also be wearing a mask and socially distancing themselves.
- When you book your appointment, you’ll affirm that in the last 14 days you’ve not experienced any Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, and that you’ve not been exposed to anyone that’s tested positive during that time.
- On the day of the shoot, visitors will complete a COVID health self-screening online form, reaffirming that they’ve not been exposed or visited any states on the Chicago restricted list in the indicated timeframes.
- Appointments are 30 minutes long, but quite often we can take care of our customers in approximately 15 minutes, and less when requested. Note that this is in no way rushing anyone and is instead based on our experience, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Our shooting setup puts the photographer 12 feet away from the client – turns out the best distance for a flattering photo is also appropriate for social distancing!
- The photographer will remain at that 12’ distance for the duration of the shoot – our state-of-the-art setup means you can view yourself through the camera via a 50” monitor to adjust your hair, collar, tie, etc. as needed.
- We’ll do a quick review of your images via the same monitor to make sure we got some great candidates, and then you’ll choose your favorite via an online gallery from the comfort of your home.
- For the time being, we’ve removed products from our makeup table (brush, hairspray, lint roller, powder, concealer, etc.) and ask clients to bring their own.
- Frequently used surfaces and door handles are disinfected between appointments.
- For corporate accounts, we’ll have your lighting and background completely set up before your employee arrives to make the whole shoot as smooth and speedy as your person needs.
- There are no fees at this time for reschedules and cancellations.
In addition to our studio services, we continue to offer outdoor headshots, a great option during our beautiful Chicago fall season as the Loop and Chicago River present amazing backgrounds that we know well. Plus, as many people continue working from home, there are fewer people downtown, making it an ideal time for outdoor photos. We’ll maintain a distance of at least 8 feet from clients at all times and are also able to travel to outdoor locations near to where you or your employees live.
We will continue to update this page as more information becomes available. We hope you’re well and look forward to seeing you soon!