Under Governor Pritzker and Mayor Lightfoot’s plans for reopening the state and city, we wanted to update you on our own plans at Andrew Collings Photography.
There is hope among the business community that doors will be permitted to open in June. With that in mind, we are currently scheduling appointments for June should we be able to open the studio in accordance with the directives of the State and everyone’s safety. We welcome you to book your headshots – we miss seeing you in the studio! – but please be aware that we may need to reschedule depending on state mandates. And if you prefer waiting to make your appointment until things have calmed down – we’ll still be here, excited to welcome you.
We are currently offering outdoor headshots, a great option during the spring and summer months as the Loop and Chicago River present amazing backgrounds that we know well. We’ll maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from clients at all times and are also able to travel to outdoor locations near to where you or your employees live.
What we can assure you is that we are taking every level of precaution we can in strategizing how to reopen the studio to keep you comfortable and, most importantly, safe. Here’s what you can expect:
- Our downtown studio is very spacious, allowing for studio employees and clients (whether alone or with a few colleagues) to maintain a safe distance from one another during shoots.
- We will be wearing masks during your appointment and ask that you please wear one as well when entering the studio.
- With our corporate accounts, we’ll have your lighting and background completely set up before your employee arrives to make the whole shoot as smooth and speedy as your person needs.
- We will stagger appointments to allow clients ample time to come and go without overlapping.
- Our shooting area has always been designed with the photographer 10 feet away from the client – turns out the best distance for a flattering photo is also appropriate for social distancing!
- The photographer will remain at that 10’ distance for the duration of the shoot – our state-of-the-art setup means you can view yourself through the camera via a 50” monitor to adjust your hair, collar, tie, etc. as needed.
- You will select your final image via the same monitor or we can send you an online gallery to choose from.
- For the time being, we will remove products from our makeup table (brush, hairspray, lint roller, concealer, etc.) and ask clients to bring their own. Frequently used surfaces and door handles will be disinfected between appointments.
- If you are not feeling well, please reschedule your appointment – there are no fees at this time for reschedules and cancellations.
Existing clients – please be on the lookout for a short survey we will be sending to gauge your photography needs as businesses begin to reopen. We will be checking in on your interest in on-location shoots at your office during that time.
We will continue to update this page as more information becomes available. We hope you’re well and look forward to seeing you soon!